Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back to the Beginning: Bill C-484

I had originally meant to do an in-depth, piece-by piece study on Bill C-484, the Unborn Victims of Crime Act. However, in my research of the Bill, I have decided I would much rather let you read the information first-hand. I wouldn't want to inadvertently misinform on the issue.

http://www.kenepp.com/issues/insidepage.asp?ID=92

This is Ken Epp's personal response to a letter he recieved concerning his Bill. I find it addresses all of the issues surrounding it in a complete and methodic manner.

I should warn you, I am about to share my opinion of the Bill. I hope that you will make your own conclusions and seek out true facts regardless of what I think. If there is one thing I have learned through looking into this issue, it is that we must always guard ourselves against misinformation to avoid ignorance.

I think that Bill C-484 is what it says it is: an effort to protect pregnant women. Although I am srongly ProLife, I understand that abortion is not what this Bill is dealing with. It is worded clearly and with careful precision so that there can be no mistaking this.

Personally, I had no idea that there was no sort of legal protection for pregnant women under canadian law. I think this should be repaired, especially considering there have been precedent cases where a law such as that proposed by the Bill could have been applied. This would also perhaps serve to deter potential offenders.

But read up on it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment